About the Feelz

This blog is dedicated to my forever OTP, Patrick Jane and Teresa Lisbon, on CBS The Mentalist. Just as proof that I am and forever will be the most avid Jisbon shipper in the Solar System (or any Solar System, for that matter) I've been shipping them since Season 1. I've been waiting for this for years and it still might not happen. I DON'T THINK ANYONE UNDERSTANDS MY FEELZ.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Season 6 Finale Speculations

Alright, alright, warning: SPOILERS ahead for those of you who don't know a lot, if anything, about the finale. I'm opening up everything I know here, and I've been researching spoilers extensively every night. It's kind of a problem.
Okay, let's talk about image #1 first: 
Is anyone else curious what's up with the car? (Also: I really miss Jane's little blue car. A lot.)
Anyway. I love the way she's looking at him here. He also seems really happy, so I'm curious as to what's going on and what HAS happened, if you get my drift. 
This interview I'm about to reference is fabulous if you'd like to read the whole thing, so here's the link: http://tvline.com/2014/05/09/the-mentalist-season-6-preview-jane-lisbon-finale/
It's not a super-spoiler interview, just Simon, Robin and Heller hinting at the finale - they're so mean. They never say anything direct! They just kind of dance around it... geez... anyway, onward.
The finale speculations are driving me nuts. What the heck does Heller mean, "a love or hate finale"?! What is that supposed to mean? Just say: yes, Jane and Lisbon kiss - and no, she does not go with Pike. That's all. Of course, that would ruin the fun. Honestly, someone should just video me watching the finale. There will be lots of tears and screaming, I'm sure.
I have several theories on the finale. Obviously I have high expectations that she will not be going with Pike, and that Jane and Lisbon will kiss - because if they don't someone's gonna die. Watch out, Heller. It will probably be you.
Okay, my theories... well best-case scenario: Jane and Lisbon kiss, have a little you-know-what, and Lisbon breaks it to Pike that she can't go with him, 'cause hey, she's in love with gorgeous Patrick Jane, who loves her A LOT. It's unfortunate for Pike, who is a really good guy and is crazy about her, but... he's not Jane. It's an unfortunate fact. How she would break it to him, I don't know... I mean, there isn't a lot of information on the finale, other than this:
That Jane will figure out his feelings for Lisbon and decide on a course of action. In fact, he might even propose to Lisbon before Pike has the chance.
THAT, WOULD, BE, BEAUTIFUL. Can you even imagine?! I think my brain might explode.
This image is heartbreaking:








His face is NOT OKAY. He probably standing RIGHT BEHIND HER DOOR. I hate when he cries. I hate it because I CRY. He's one of those beautiful criers. I can't handle it.
Question, though - is the scene above brought on by Lisbon's looming departure or by this moment?
Maybe both? There are a few possibilities as to why she splashed a drink in his face. a) it's a stunt for the case, which seems likely, b) he's said something insulting, like he does, or c) his feelings came out earlier he anticipated, and she didn't know how else to react.
Personally, I think it's probably (a) or (b). Cho appears to be sitting at the table as well, and I don't think he would confess how he feels in front of Cho. Just as a rule of thumb.
Anyway, I have a lot of thoughts on the scene with him standing outside her door... will he beg her to let him in? Will he confess how he feels? Will there be kissing...? I certainly hope so. This picture gives me hope, despite being unsure where it comes from - I mean, it looks like it might come from the finale, and I don't remember it from any other episode - most of which I have memorized in my head, pictures and all - so I have hope...
As an add on after the recent 6x21 episode - HATED IT - I have another, very depressing theory. For those of you who saw the preview for the finale, it wasn't very revealing, but it was very painful.
Lisbon GETS ON THE PLANE and Jane is RUNNING AFTER IT. "Please don't go. Don't break the team up."
UM, HOW ABOUT AN 'I LOVE YOU'? 
My concluding theory (and it's a hopeful one): Lisbon is on the plane, about to go, Jane hasn't said anything about his feelings, and he chases after the plane until they let him on, at which point he tells her how he feels. And there is hopefully a kiss.
Worst-case-scenario: she gets on the plane, he's too late, and she leaves. WE ARE THEN FORCED TO WAIT FOR SEASON 7. This is unacceptable. NO. NO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment