About the Feelz

This blog is dedicated to my forever OTP, Patrick Jane and Teresa Lisbon, on CBS The Mentalist. Just as proof that I am and forever will be the most avid Jisbon shipper in the Solar System (or any Solar System, for that matter) I've been shipping them since Season 1. I've been waiting for this for years and it still might not happen. I DON'T THINK ANYONE UNDERSTANDS MY FEELZ.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

I have a need

I have a need. I have real need.
It's kind of a problem, because all I've been able to think about ALL DAY is tomorrow's episode. I NEED A KISS. I COULD BE POSTING ABOUT A JISBON KISS TOMORROW. I REALLY COULD. AFTER YEARS...! I don't even know how to handle this. My emotions are so out of control, I'm not entirely sure what they're doing.
Let's just examine their relationship over the years, okay? Okay.











In the beginning, Patrick Jane was just a tortured man out for revenge. Lisbon tolerated him, but she didn't necessarily like him. He was useful to the team. Brilliant, yes, but cocky and irritating at best. He was stressful and obnoxious.
Over time, she came to find that he was amusing, kind, and entirely selfless. His motives were pure, even though he went about achieving his goals in a misguided way. Mad? Entirely. But he had a big heart.
Then she started to care. He slowly seemed to change... just a little, and she thought that maybe she could change how the conflict with Red John ended. She exercised control, but she was also his friend. Hey, if she was going to spend every day with the guy, of course she was going to get to know him. It was impossible not to get close when they were together every day for years.
From associates, to colleagues, to friends, to best friends - brother-and-sister, family.
She knows him best. He opens up only to her. He listens only to her, if he listens at all. He only trusts her. That's a big thing.
You can practically watch the gradual change in their relationship over the seasons.
1 - annoyed, tolerant - colleagues
2 - trust gaining - friends
3 - she learns to trust him - best friends
4 - look out for each other - family
5 - partners
The only natural transition is LOVERS. PLEASE OH PLEASE. *says prayer*
Basically: THEY'RE SO DARN PERFECT I DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO GET YOU TO UNDERSTAND. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment